Sunday, March 20, 2011

It's SPRING

The calendar says SPRING but it's still cold..Ice on the dog water....
Today I am goign to show you my Easter Mini Album I made...It's a "paperbag" album. It's almost finished when I add this years Easter photos I will add more fun stuff to it but here it is so far....



To get started you could use some of this:

Paper lunch bags (I used 5),paper trimmer, Exacto knife, chipboard I used an empty cereal box, inks, glue...Now pick out somepaper and your ready to go.
First I tore the open ends of the paperbags just ot give it a ruff edge. Cut 2 pieces of chipboard just a littl bigger than you paperbags.The FRONT cover see that "flap" on the bottom of the paperbag cut one of your chipboard pieces that size like this.
Cutting this will let your album cover fold..Leave the other chipboard piece whole this is the back cover.
Now cover all 3 pieces of chipboard front & back with the paper you picked...I use Modge Podge..Dont forget to sand the edges and INK them...
Stack the bags on tp of each other glueing the bottoms together.


Take that stack of bags glue it to your inside back cover. Then on the front take that small piece of chipboard glue it to the left side on top of the paperbags.

Then take the other chipboard glue to the front leaving a tiny space so the album will open.

Now to the inside..I cut a 2 1/2 inch strip of pattered paper put it in the middle of the bag.I used the same print in the whole album.



Now for the inside I made sort of a tag to slide in the open end of the paperbag.
I cut a whole bunch of cute little Easter things to add to my album when I have my photos from this Easter. The best thing about this album you can add as many bags as you would like...Have fun making this album and dont forget take that camera out of the bag and get some great Easter/Spring shots...Thanks for looking at my Easter album and I hope I inspired you to make one of your own..

4 comments:

scrappinlil said...

Oh this is so cute....I will definetly have to try these...thanks for the inspiration and I also became a new blogger friend on your blog. TFS

Minta's Creations said...

This is so adorable..Love it!
Just became a new follower..Would love it if you decided to follow my blog.
Minta
http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great mini! Thank you for joining us at Creative Cutter Room! DT Member Carri

Cathie Rigby said...

Such a cute mini album. I'm sure your family will love it! Thanks for sharing it in the Creative Cutter Room. Cathie